TRIMM is looking for reinforcement! This time we are looking for an experienced back-end developer. If you have a background in Java or PHP and are you a medior or senior in your profession, we have a nice job for you.
If the vacancy below does not suit you, check out our other vacancies here.
What will you be doing?
As a back-end developer, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team that designs and develops customized web applications for big customers like Philips, Ziggo, UPC, and Victron Energy. You will be partly responsible for product and concept development (R&D). Together with your team, you will also be building POCs (proof of concepts) of innovations that are conceived within the team.
You will be working closely with the team, but you will be keeping close contact with customers as well. Customer contact can be about the progress of certain projects or about providing input concerning technical project aspects, for example.
Examples of work this team delivered:
- Different hardware projects like the self-developed LoRaWan module (from concept to product) and applications with e-paper display, meant for real-time statistics reporting.
- Dashboard projects, like Victron Energy’s VRM portal.
- B2B tools in which complex business logic has been seized in the back-end.
- The back-end of projects is usually written in Java. However, this language is flexible: it’s possible that some other language fits a project better and therefore that other language is used in the specific project.
We do not have a fixed set of technologies that we use for developing our projects: we always choose the right tool for the job. Technologies we worked with last year are amongst others Spring Boot, NodeJS, ElasticSearch, GraphQL, Docker and DevOps/CI.
What are we looking for?
A number of characteristics are important for this function.
- You can operate independently. You are responsible for your own agenda and meeting your deadlines.
- You have a good sense of responsibility. Delivering high-quality work in time is important to you. The quality of your work is your responsibility. You agree with your team on the (amount of) work you will be doing and indicate beforehand when work takes longer than expected.
- Since you are in contact with customers, it is important that you can behave professionally. You like having customer contact.
- You take initiative. When you see possible improvements, you bring these up in your team.
- You always keep code quality in mind (in terms of complexity, unit/integration tests, maintainability).
Nice to have:
- As a back-end developer, you will be a sparring partner to the rest of your team more than once. You like to help your co-workers.
- You have experience in devising and guarding software architecture.
At TRIMM we work with more than a hundred specialists to design, build, host and maintain digital platforms, sites, portals, shops and campaigns for clients such as Philips, Liberty Global, DSM, Nexperia, Grolsch and KLM. Because we work in self-managing agile teams, our teams have a lot of autonomy in realizing successful digital concepts. We feel jointly responsible for the success of our customers and the success of the projects. In doing so, we constantly search for the superlative level; every project must be a greater success than the previous one. The result of this philosophy is that we have already won several prizes with the web applications and platforms that we have built. This makes TRIMM a very nice place to work!
Do you want to become a Back-end Developer at TRIMM? Send us your resumé, motivation letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org *, or use the below contact form. For more information about TRIMM, you can visit our website or call 053-4800480.
*By sending us your email application, you agree to the necessary condition that TRIMM-HR will share your personal data among a select group of colleagues within TRIMM to evaluate your candidacy. Your personal data will be deleted from the TRIMM systems after completion of your application process.
If the above vacancy does not suit you, check out our other vacancies here.
1013 AM Amsterdam
3523 CL Utrecht
7523 MC Enschede
phone: +31(0)53 – 48 00 480
PO Box 1208
7500 BE Enschede
TriMM Multimedia B.V., Enschede